Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, August 30, 2009

when it comes to knowing your body...

It has been more than three days since I've logged into blogger or Facebook or twitter or any social stuff...

I have gone to work from Tuesday to Friday, and made it back in one piece. It has been very tiring, but it has been a very rewarding experience.

One thing did not expect, was how much I underestimated the power of the Vicodin.

the second thing I learned in the last one week, was how much I overestimated the ability of my own body to take the stress, in the absence of the drugs.

A couple of good things have happened in the last four to five days.

I have managed to go without a tablet for the last twenty-four hours. I have also purchased a voice recognition software and I am mastering it, albeit slowly.

I am in fact, using this software to write this post. It has been very slow going, but I have made tremendous progress in the last twenty-four hours. Over the next two weeks, if this techno-geek manages to understand the software to the full extent of its abilities I will be typing faster than anybody I know in spite of doing it without my right hand.

I'm also practicing to take photographs by holding the camera in my left hand alone. I will post a few photographs of the sky from my street, tomorrow evening.

If only I could drive......



.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:18 PM, Blogger Violet wrote...

It is heartening to know that you are picking up. Hoping for a quick recovery, how are kids taking it?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:40 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

V., thanks.

they are both happy that daddy is recovering

little one calls me "bloody boy"

:)

they still get flashbacks every now and then and we can see them go into a cocoon of sorts

they are happy to see visible improvement and that is all that matters for now.

jr. thinks daddy is now some kind of bionic man..she keeps saying "the metal is going to make you a robot?"

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:25 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Bloody boy !!

Am so glad that you are well on the way to recovery ! And you are doing just about anything a non-bloody boy would do !

Although, frankly i am slightly surprised that you didnt expect the body to take this stress !
You've been married for long now to know otherwise ! ;D

Wishing you a complete speedy recovery !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:24 AM, Blogger Swatantra wrote...

Bloody boy.. i wonder where have she heard this..

Wish you a speedy recovery.. but take care dont expect so much from your body..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Sundar,

Take Care, wish a speed recovery.

Ananth

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:40 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

Take care, Sundar- don't overdo things, you 'bloody boy':)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home