Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yeah, I know

We were at a South Indian classical music concert this evening. Raghavan Manian was singing and he was doing a fantastic job. It was at a clubhouse in a residential complex and it was more of a social event than a rigid everyone has to be at their seat affair.

Jr. and the little one would come and sit in my lap for a few minutes, then disappear off to the back of the room to play with other kids and come back when they felt like it. Usually I never get to listen to concerts. Even if we do, I would be the one to walk out or run out with a screaming kid on my shoulder.

Today, after a long time, got to sit in one place and listen to a concert. That alone was a blessing.

Towards the end of the concert, he sang "Chinanjiru Kiliye" and at that moment Jr. came next to me and started dancing. (he almost sang it like a film song at places). Told her to sit down and she would not and to distract her, I asked "do you know who wrote this song?"

and she nods her head while dancing and says "Yep"
I was surprised. Did not think anyone at home would have introduced her to Bharathiyar!

Me : Tell me, who wrote this song?

Jr.: Easy. A. R. Rahman

Me : !!!!!!!


.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:27 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

And the Oscars have made the difference. Indeed.

I know. For sure. Now !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

sundar:

nice!

rahman = tollywood's response to kishore kumar (actor/producer/director/singer/dancer ;-)

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:08 PM, Blogger Swatantra wrote...

Cute of her!! I am sure you must be feeling great on her expression also...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home