Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, July 26, 2009

ISS - visible to us this week

The international space station moved past us in plain sight again tonight.. a few minutes ago. From 9:29 to 9:33 PM

It was beautiful to watch. At one point, I stopped trying to capture it on camera with a bulb setting and just watched it and enjoyed it.

(my Photography skills are really bad when it comes to capturing moving objects in a dark sky with cars occasionally flashing their headlights)

Put it in bulb setting and used the highest f number (25) and let it go for like 30 seconds and this is what I got after trying to fool with the contrast settings...




There is one more chance tomorrow..

Going to try to open the thing up using f5.6 or f7.0 and do the same thing..

but also planning to capture it on my camcorder because I don't know how the self timer mode works on the bulb setting. You have to hold the shutter open and when you release the finger, the picture is done.. unless you have an external way to open the shutter don't know how to do this. Maybe set it up with the software and use the laptop to remotely open the shutter? (that way the shake during the shutter click can be avoided... all this is assuming someone out there gives me a tip on the right exposure setting to do this)

On the plus side the iPhone is amazing. You hold the compass up and watch the clock and just like magic the ISS appears and disappears.. What a gadget!


.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:35 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

I dont believe this ..can you see it !?!

Can we do it from here ? Phew ! This is awesome

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

we did not see it today. the compass was ready. it was the right time but no see ISS.. dont know what happened..

will try tomorrow night. we get another chance.

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Vidhya wrote...

How to get the information about which places it is visible?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:57 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

go select your location using the world map.. then go to orbit info.

http://www.heavens-above.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home