Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Adsense

Today we were having dinner with a relative who works at google.

He convinced me to use Adsense. He was asking me why I don't use Adsense. I did not understand. Told him that

1. somehow the ads would clutter up the template
2. don't care about the money
3. don't want to be indirectly responsible for suggesting products that I might not recommend

and he said "totally not true!"

You can completely select what kind of contextual ads to place and it might actually help you, if not the people who read your blog and point them to some interesting related links..

So tried it.. and it messed up my template for sure. So have signed up for an account and now I have to figure out how to get it into the sidebar instead of the top of the blog!

If google wants me to use Adsense, they should make it more idiot proof for simpletons like me (who are still on the same old template from four years ago!).

Maybe those who have this on their blog can give me some pointers?

Does this actually help point you to interesting links?


.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:01 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

plistAdsense is bad sense. Thats what i have been told by people who experimented with it.

I havent tried it. Somehow, leaving the blog the way it is...has helped.

But the clamour keeps increasing. Amongst so many 'well wishers' !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home