Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Recycling

With an injured foot and no doctor appointment in sight, was working from home this morning.

The kids who do not have school the whole of this week were overjoyed that I was in the house, but saddened by the fact that daddy was locked inside a room and was in phone meetings for the entire morning.

At noon, Jr. and the little one were already fed and ready to go for their naptime.

LO : Daddy please stay at home. Don't go to office. If you are home I will huggie you more!
Me : Thanks da kuttyma, but I have to go to office. Only then I will get money.
Jr.: What if we give you money?
LO : Yeah. We will give you money. Then you can stay at home.
Me : Where do you guys have money?
Jr.: We have been saving the money and coins that mommy and grandma gave us!

They were so sweet. They gave up all the money they had in two ziploc bags, all 2 dollars and 43 cents of it!

Didn't have the heart to tell them "No, I don't want your money" or "it takes a lot more money for me to stay home with you guys".. and while all this was going through my mind Jr. chips in with

"Appa, if we keep giving you the money you give to us, then you don't have to go to work!"

Now, that sentence sent me reeling. According to Madras paati, aka my mom, some astrologer did predict that Jr. will become an accountant when she grows up. Chances are she is going to become one, and she will play an important part in the 2034 recession, which will be the biggest recession in recorded history!

With this concept of giving the same money back and forth multiple times, so many daddy's are already home permanently. So decided to go into a lecture on economics, job, money, time, daddy, kids, love etc. etc. and the kids gave me one glassy eyed look and ran away to grandma saying

"Paati, please come nap with us!"

Daddy escaped!


.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:52 PM, Blogger Violet wrote...

Loved it! Kids say the most improbable things, and yet make them sound so good..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:27 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

I hope your foot is behaving.

And how wonderful. And how innocent ! And ofcourse, thank God there is the Paati !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I don't know whatz up with the daddies and their little girls. My daughter also wants to be with daddy all the time and said you don't have to make money we will all stay home. Which doesn't make any sense

V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home