Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting for Obama

Asked Jr. why she voted for Obama in her mock election, and the answer was surprising!

The expected answer was "because you voted for him Daddy!".. but NO!

The real answer was:

"because he has two small daughters and he has promised to buy them a puppy if he wins the election!"

and

"also because you voted for him!".

Now that is baffling. As a Obama voter and as a daddy, I had no clue about this puppy business. How she knew this was beyond me.

Looks like he won her vote as a daddy who promised his kids a puppy, or she did it so the two little girls will get their puppy!

I need to teach my girls to vote for the correct reasons!

The good news is, we have another 13 years to work on it.


.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hey, she did think about other kids instead of herself before casting her vote. So her priority is in the right place, no?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:56 AM, Blogger Preethi wrote...

Lovely reason.. and don't ever under estimate what kids know..they are more well informed than us!! :D

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:54 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Was it a puppy ? Or was it a pussy cat ?

Or did he change his mind upon winning ? Hmm point to ponder.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

I checked. Someone had told me it was a cat..and said that it would be a marked departure from the Bush hosue!

I guess he was speaking metaphorically !!

Your daughters win !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:45 AM, Blogger mitr_bayarea wrote...

Its amazing that the lil one knew that Malia and Sasha were going to get a puppy when they move into the white house.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Jr is much wiser than most adults.She heard Obama's campaign and chosen the part's that appealed to her. No need to worry about her, when she gets older and her priorities are different, i.e not puppies- she will do exactly what she did now, pick the candidate that promises the best things for her, the one that she believes.:)

For her 5/6 year self to be able seperate or at least identify an issue that she cared about is fantastic. She's voted on the two things that mattered to her most, she made the decision based on promises and she said she followed you. :)

What would've really been interesting is if McCain had promised puppies and not Obama... I mean would she have gone against Daddy's wish and gone for something that she believed in. You'd put your political opinions aside and want her to go based on her beliefs right? :D

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

sundar:

smart logic used by jr.

along the lines of what sivajini says, i wonder what jr would have said if mccain had promised:

- two dogs (you can't have just one) for obama's kids (one per kid)

- a nice home for obama to retire from politics to (maybe another one thrown in for hillary as well)

- a big flat screen tv for the home of each tamil blogger in the greater bay area (don't tell me where i got that idea from!)

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:47 PM, Blogger Sachita wrote...

or may be she is simply indicating that her dad has to get her a puppy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home