Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fantastic Book

Jr. brings home three books a week.

Two are part of the "Red Bag" homework where she reads the book with me and does a one page activity based on the book. The third one is her weekly pick from the school Library for weekend reading.

So far we must have done close to two dozen red bag books and only two or three stick to my mind, or to her mind for that matter. (The original Curious George, The very busy spider, Chica Chica boom boom, a favorite from her preschool days, Chrysanthemum , Sylvester and the magic pebble, and the dandelion seed to name a few..)

Some books were highly touted, but failed to impress me or in my opinion gave the wrong message like "The giving tree" , but Jr. liked the book.

She usually gets better books on her friday pick like "The rainbow fish", "Cleo and Leo",

This friday's book was "Is your mama a Llama?" by Deborah Guarino with drawings by Steven Kellogg. Wow!! Amazing. Jr. loved it and so did I. It is going to be one of my favorite books. I am a sucker for rhymes and the words of this book would make Bob Dylan proud.

This book is about a Llama called Lloyd who keeps asking baby animals if their mama is a Llama? and finds out what their mama is based on a description of the animal.

Here is a sample..

"Is your mama a Llama?" I asked my friend Jane.
"No, she is not," Jane politely explained.
"She grazes on grass, and she likes to say, 'Moo!'
I don't think that is what a Llama would do."

"Oh," I said. "I understand, now.
I think that your mama must be a....

and of course Jr. finishes off by saying "COW!"

Really great book!

Here's to many more such good finds...


.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:05 PM, Blogger dipali wrote...

That sounds great. I love good children's books!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:54 PM, Blogger B o o wrote...

Ashu loved "Is Your Mama a Llama" when we brought it from the library. Me too! :) It reminds me to a do a post on books too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home