Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The mind of a child

The human brain is an amazing thing. A childs brain is probably even more amazing than an adult brain, from a thought perspective.

The whole separation anxiety post should be seen in a different light.

Today the Little one came and kissed my boo boo. Bumped my hand somewhere and she came running to kiss it. In her mind, daddy cannot get better without her kiss. It definitely makes me feel better when she comes running to kiss. She associates my smile to be healing and extrapolates it.

The whole time I was away, she was probably worried about me, not about her. What would this big baby do if he were to get hurt in Texas? How would be survive without my healing kiss? How could he possibly go to sleep without me on his hand?

Today she said "Dont worry daddy. You are here now. I will kiss you and everything will be all right!". She was so serious when she said it.

As an adult I fail my wife and kids so many times because of being in my own self centered world. Most adults are self centered! That is the way of the world. You have your work, your family, your home, your this, your that.. It is at the end of the day all about "you", "your perspective", and "your world"!

There is not a lot of options here. Even when you think about your kids, they are "your" kids and the thought is usually about "your" worries on how what "you" are doing affects them as they grow up!

Once in a while "you" get the view from the childs point of view and it boggles "your" mind!


ps. Was accused of being very selfish earlier today, which I probably am. Tried to see how often the word "I" is used in my posts. Not a lot. But when you always tend to write in second person or as Daddy, you are doing the wrong search to determine "% self centeredness"!!

There is a lot more "you" and "daddy" in this blog to prove that point!



.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:22 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

That's a wonderful perspective- no one to take care of poor Daddy when he's away:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

abs loved this post :)

our little one kisses away the booboos too, just recently hubby went down with a fever and she sat there stroking his hair and kissing his forehead saying she was "making everything alright"

life couldn't have been any better - fever or no fever!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:42 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

dipali, I was surprised to say the least!

mayg, welcome to this blog.

going through yours now.. FYI, I still use Johnsons baby shampoo!

:)

no tears!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home