Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Free rice

If you are sick and recovering and you are alone in the middle of the night, checking emails, catching up on work, bloghopping, and you come across a great site (thanks to Adengappa and Porcupyn)that :

a. keeps you occupied
b. is a charity that feeds the poor

it is a win-win situation!

Go ahead, try it!

http://www.freerice.com/

All those years of studying for the GRE using the olds Baron's Guide came in handy!

I was going great guns till the word "gelt" stopped me dead in my tracks. (I had made one mistake on the way and the system gave me a few tougher words before it let me get back to the same level). I also lucked out once because I had narrowed the answer to one of two choices and I used Jr.'s algorithm,

aka

eenie, meenie, miney mo
catch the tiger by the toe!




Now, you can wake me up at 3:00AM in the morning and ask me "what does gelt mean?" and I will instantly say "Money"!, that is if I am not already awake at 3:00 AM!

Glad I found this site!

ps. We are all doing much better today than yesterday.

Thanks for all your wishes! - Sundar, Sangeetha, Jr., Little one, Washer and Dryer.


.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

thanks for the link Sundar annah. I'm surprised at the amount that I'm actually getting right. I'm going to add it to my faves...

Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better. Your encounters with your kids really puts my parents struggle out there for us to realize. Your girls are really lucky to get such a documented account of their upbrining :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:55 PM, Blogger dipali wrote...

Glad to know that you are all feeling better, including the washer and dryer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home