Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, October 21, 2007

What a bunch of... What a load of ...

The Zune player gifted by the BIL, via the Microsoft Store with a discount, had the screen crack. This for no apparent reason.

Was fine in the night. Was cracked in the morning!!

No one dropped it, never even went near it.

The player is fine. I can press the play button and songs play. The screen below the top plastic (inside screeen) has cracked! There is a light 2mm x 2mm square and cracks radiating from it.




Note : when the player is off, you just see a normal screen. When you turn it on, you see the cracks light up as in the picture..

Now here is the rub..

1. The Zune warranty does not cover the screen.
2. Microsoft suggests I can go buy this screen at any electronics part store
3. By opening the Zune myself and trying to install this screen, I void all warranties!
4. This LCD thingy is not available at your local store! Plus iPOD/Zune type pod repair shops want 99$ for replacing this thing..

The player cost the BIL only 130 bucks.

I just cannot believe that they can get away with this!!

Internet search on "Zune screen replacement" throws out a ton of webpages where people are telling their sad stories on how they have a cracked screen overnight for no apparent reason and no easy way to address the problem..

Let this add to that count!


Note to BIL: You did your best...and yes, yes.. I know this is like looking a gift horse in the mouth.. But a gift horse which needs a few cavities filled and a couple of root canals done, has to be looked at in the mouth!


.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:08 AM, Blogger a bystander wrote...

How is the 'guinea pig' ? Or has it run away?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:59 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

guinea pig waiting for approval from the department of "home"land security..

:)

only if the Mrs. signs a waiver can the experiment happen..

most likely postponed to the post navrathri season..

will keep you posted..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:01 PM, Blogger Lak wrote...

hey, sundar! memory finally jogged. And your face at least hasn't changed ... I am over the hill. To prove that I do remember now: are you still dancing?

Don't know what happened to your email because I don't have it; it's not even in my spam folder. Try again: email me at lak at vlakshman dot com

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Time to get an IPHONE :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home