Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Friday, October 12, 2007

The last quarter

Maybe I should write a whole book called "The last quarter", instead of a post, is what I am thinking right now as I type at the ungodly hour of 3:00AM.

The good news is that the little one, myself and the MIL are all doing fine and getting ready for the festival season, and the fact that I wake up with a sweat at 2:30 and realize I cannot go back to sleep is actually a good sign. The body has won the battle against any remnant bug, or so I hope. It is a strange coincidence that every time I am up and unable to sleep it means one of two things..

1. The bug is eliminated completelty. This happens a day or two after I start feeling good.
2. I get a phone call with some alarming news about someone I love. It is almost like that person who had something nasty happen to them was trying to reach me..

This time, it is definitely #1.

Do you ever wonder how suddenly life shifts to 6th gear on October 1st?

This for various reasons.

You got Navarathri and the associated Durga or Saraswati Pooja usually coinciding with Id, then Diwali coinciding with Halloween, then thanksgiving and Christmas/ Hanukkah, and anything else that I have left out in the list of festivities..

Almost every weekend there is a birthday party to attend in Oct/Nov! This could be the valentine baby syndrome, if you get my drift..

It is the end of the fiscal year for the worklife and that means a lot more work.

It is also the flu season and no year goes by without two rounds of runny noses, frequent flier miles to the nearest restroom, midnight carpet cleaning sprees, distrubed sleep. . .

The combination of all this makes the last few months in the year just whiz by!

Happy Navarathri.. Id Mubarak.. Can't wait to get some sundal and sweets from those celebrating...

With that thought, let me get back to catching some sleep, because tomorrow is going to be:

Lights, camera, Sundal!


.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home