Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Girls will be ..

Girls, Silly!!


Grandma decided to dress up in a silk saree to go for a Varalakshmi pooja at a friends place. There was no plan to take the kids.


The minute Jr. saw grandma in a saree, the promptly pulled out a dozen clothes from her wardrobe, found her pattu paavadai (silk frock) and wore it. Then went on to wear her bangles, decorate herself to the point where Grandma couldnt continue her dressing up.


As soon as they came out, the little one had an expression that could only be described as :


50% shock that this dress up session had happened and she didn't have a clue

30% anger that she was still not dressed yet

10% pain

10% jealousy


I could be off a little bit on the breakup on the pie chart, but rest assured that all those things were evident in her rapid change in facial expression! She let out a yelp and went running to the dresser and jumped up and down till her most elaborate Paavadai was found!


After 10 minutes she came out with her sister to show me that she was also all decked up and the first thing she tells me?


"deda, nanna nanna (pointing to herself and saying I look good, I look good)...foto.. foto.." and pointed to the backyard to our portrait location!!! Apparently, it has now become a tradition to take a picture when they declare themseleves to be pretty. Well, I am not complaining. Hey, what are dad's for?







It is amazing to see a 20 month old, have that kind of attachment to silk and gold! I can see myself 15 years from now trying to buy two of everything, sorry, three of everything.. (forgot to count the big girl) and taking lots of portraits and enjoying every minute of it.

I am glad that Girls will be girls!

.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:45 AM, Blogger mitr_bayarea wrote...

Sundar,

Thanks for that short and sweet note, really glad that grandma and the older one made it to our place. Sorry that the lil one was shouting for her older sis when she was leaving, it must indeed be a joy to photograph the "pretty girls" every time they deck themselves up.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Wish we got a chance to see the little one's expressions:-) Cute pics.

-kajan

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

sundar:

nice photo - love it!

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:56 AM, Blogger rads wrote...

lol, that's EXACTLY how my munchkin's turning out. She's turning into a diva already :(
and the fascination with snaps doesnt end!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:33 AM, Blogger utbtkids wrote...

As soon as I comb Chula's hair, (she creates hell that I am touching her hair that is a different thing) she immediately tilts her head, touching her ears to her shoulders, smiles and says 'pretty'! What modesty I say!

Also pattu pavadais are playing a great role in potty training. If I put on a pattu pavadai on and tell her if there are any accidents, it is hard to clean the pavadai and all pavadais wil be given off to some other kid, it has an almost magical effect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home