Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The time, it keeps on flying..

As a person who skipped Kindergarten completely and went to first grade at the age of 4, the whole hoopla about a pre-Kindergarten graduation ceremony for Jr. sounded crazy!

Graduation party ? For graduating from what ? Playing in the yard ?

Add to that the timing of the party at 10:30 in the morning on a weekday, there was no way I was attending the ceremony. Jr. came and gave me the extra special hug and kiss and practically begged me to come. I still had to disappoint. San however relented and went for an hour. Apparently the ceremony was a huge success. All the parents were teary eyed that their little ones were now graduating from the daycare and moving on to different schools to attend KG.

In a way, I guess it is fitting to have some kind of graduation, because making it through all that playing in the yard, knowing your ABC's and 123's is an accomplishment by itself. All that hype with the gowns, tassels and caps are a little too much, but maybe even that is for the better ! They get used to the graduation ceremony concept at an young age.

The only problem was that San took the old S30 to take pictures.
San suffers from a not so rare disease called newmachineophobia where the symptoms are :
initial fear of touching new machine
expectation of extensive hand holding in terms of using said machine
learning to love the machine
hogging the machine
forgeting that they actually were afraid of the machine at one time
declaring that they always were okay with the machine

The beauty of this disease is that it cures itself. We have seen her go through this with the car, the van, new DVD players, cameras, camcorders, etc. Now she is going through it with the new Canon EOS! So she took the S30, which failed to open its shutters during the ceremony! Now we are waiting for photos from cameras of the other parents who were present, so I can get glimpses of what happened at the ceremony.

To compensate, I took a photograph of the little one with her hat..




Now, that is something to get all teary eyed! My little baby is all grown up..

In other news, this blog graduates after its second year and on to its third! Let us see if can go on for another year!


.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:52 PM, Blogger B o o wrote...

Awww..! Congrats to Kiddo. Such a proud smile in the photo. Thats says it all! :)
And congrats to you on the Blog anniversary! Hats off to you, so to speak! ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Vaazhga valamudan!

RS

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Congrats to Jr.! Awaiting more snaps from the graduation party.

-Poonam

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:24 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

Time flies Sundar. Before long she'll become a Teen Ager!! Yeah.!

I can see how proud she is in that wonderful photo!

I agree about the Phobia you've written about! Interestingly many have it.

BTW - The photo looks a little soft. What is the EXIF?

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

aaawww great picture. New school soon?

Yup time does fly, and before you know it she will be taller than you and I think I am just about ready to get tearful now :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:17 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

boo, thanks. she even has a "diploma" to show for it!!!!

RS, thanks.

Poonam, so far the snaps have been disappointing. will post if I find something decent..

Narayanan Sir, EXIF is actually JPEG. I do save in RAW but dont have the time to play with the software. and yes, most desi women who come to the US seem to suffer from newmachineophobia.

WA, now please!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home