Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Clever Marketing..

Most of you have seen Jr.'s sweeping craze in my previous posts..

The broom we got from India has started shedding, because Jr. has the habit of sweeping rough concrete with that broom! So everytime she is done brooming, we have to follow up with come vacuum cleaning.

She kept insisting we buy her a toy vacuum !! I did not even know if one existed, but obviously she had prior information about the existance of such a toy..




Last week we actually found the toy! You have to hand it to these guys. The thing looks real, runs on a battery and has the light and sound effects of the real Dirt Devil. I am sure they are more than making their revenue projections on the toy vac than on the real one !!

ps. I would have posted a pic or video of Jr. doing the vacuum. But recently the baby's sickness, accidental injuries as well as Jr.'s tantrums have all been statistically correlated to their pictures and video's appearing in the blog with a Karl Pearsons coefficient of 9.99 x10^-7. Most statisticians would argue that it isn't much of a correlation and they are independent events, but then if you multiply this coefficient with the weight factor for the wife/MIL (which is around a million, compared to the weight factor for me, which hovers at <1.0), the picture changes quite dramatically. So dramatic, that it might shut down the blog, again. So, I will have to stay content with talking about Sun TV programming, Chennai news, etc. for the time being.

pps. Saw Vadivelu as spiderman in the "Vyapari" movie review on Sun TV. He is indeed funny!! Hats off to Vadivelu!


.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:11 AM, Blogger Chakra wrote...

> the baby's sickness, accidental injuries as well as Jr.'s tantrums have all been statistically correlated to their pictures and video's appearing in the blog

- aaah... this 'evil eye' funda is prevalent in every family it seems.. the reason why i have been banned from posting any direct pics abt my sonny anywhere in the blog dedicated to him...

btw, i am a first timer here though I have noticed your comments at quite a few blogs that I read regularly.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:50 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Your quoting of Karl So & So's coefficient made me look like Vadivelu in Spiderman costume !

I guess the evil eye syndrome is at work ! Well, well, in the village where my father was born, they say a broom stick drives away the evil eye !

They didnt know about a vaccum !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I am surprised that you got away with putting the little ones photos up for so long. The lad was down with flu after mother's day and with all the scientific evidence I decided it was to do with my mother's day post :) What can I say! Hope the little ones feel better soon

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

Chakra, you are right. Did see your blog.. looks like you have a lot of photos of Anirud! cuuute!

Kavi, now that I am an established nerd, I can get away with mentioning KP!

WA, neenalumaa ? Why is all thaaikulam hell bent on this funda ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home