Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Wish List..

I am an inventor. But my inventions come to fruition only in my field of work.. so many times I have had bright decent ideas I wished I could patent.. but never went through.. sometimes they are decent questions at best..

I am going to voice them here.

1. Subtitles in Tamizh on SUN TV..80% of the time, I have baby sleeping on my shoulder when I watch CSI. I mostly watch the screen with subtitles and the TV on mute. Why cant they put Tamizh subtitles so my wife can watch SUN TV on mute..that way we are even and I dont have to relocate to a different room. Hello, Mr. Maaran.. please..

2. A rocking chair with quick connect easily replaceable bearings. I keep buying this damn rocking chair and the bearings give out.. and you have to buy a new chair if you want to get rid of the noise. Why cant a single baby rocking chair manufacturer make one where you can disconnect bearing assembly, buy a new set for a few bucks and keep going ?!

3. A wireless speaker from your laptop.. That way I dont need an IPOD and can just hear musicindia online with the same wireless headphones for my cell phone and my laptop ?! (if this already exists and you know where I can get my hands on such a device, please let me know )

4. A shield around you kid.. something you tie around your kids waist that has plastic tubes projecting outside so the kid cannot pick any object.. the tubes still dont hinder her movement or stop her from standing up or sitting down but they strech beyond her hands so her fingers cannot reach anything..lets see if the illustration does justice to the description..


needless to say the plastic "thingys" will have no sharp corners, will buckle to a certain extent but are rigid enough to keep objects out of baby's reach. They also protect baby from rubbing against walls, trying to put her hand inside the toilet while the water is swirling down after her big sister flushes .. etc. etc..

the list will continue...

ps. I am not going to patent any of this.. so, feel free to go ahead patent this, make this and I will be more than willing to stand in line at a Wal Mart and pay my $19.99 for this stuff !!

7 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:57 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Oh ! Oh ! Patently obvious Sundar !!
LOL !

Some body is going to patent some of your ideas !

And maybe its just going to cost you more than $ 19.99 and the serpentine queue!

I quite like the subtitles in Tamizh idea. Sounds really interesting !! Hmmmm

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:31 PM, Blogger tt_giant wrote...

LOL! i almost fell off from the chair when i looked at the picture!!!

subtitles - must! thamizha kola panradha mute panni kekalaam!!

rocking chair - no idea till now. but i like the creak creak sound.. hehe..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

why hasnt anyone done tamizh subtitles kavi ? I keep thinking about it..

ttg, going to call my invention "the porcupine protector".. actually want to make a prototype this weekend.. will keep you guys posted.

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:13 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

i think u could use the swimming tube and add on things to it ;p hehehhe i can understand the frustration though it still is funny

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:51 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

I guess you should patent the name as well :)

Am eagerly awaiting the results of your prototype adventure !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:30 AM, Blogger Anu wrote...

The Pic was great.. but I think the next invention will be to put the kid in the safety belt and keep them their.. my nieces would probably scream to high heaven if i tried that on them

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:12 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Funny idea! But I do not think all kids throw whatever they have in hand. Even the kids who throw, stop it after a stage. As long as it is fun, they enjoy doing this. Anyhow thank god, I never had any mishap with my kids so far, and I hope it will not hope in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home