Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ingredients

It is no secret that I am addicted to my kids. Here is something that really moved me..

We went for a Navrathri Golu dinner last week. I wasnt hungry, so I decided to play with the baby while my wife ate and fed Jr. Then it was my turn to eat.

Jr. came with me to the table pointed to a dish and said "daddy, please dont eat this okay. it has peanuts in it!". Of course, the peanuts were in plain sight in the lemon rice. But her sincerity in watching over her daddy, priceless!!

Someone recently asked me, what if there was a medicine or a vaccine that would cure your food allergy and you can suddenly eat peanuts and sesame seeds ?

I thought about it for a long time. My reply ?

Even if I get a cure for the allergic reaction, I would have to go to a shrink to be able to eat those, because I have conditioned my head to avoid these things. I see them as poison, literally. So, no matter how tasty, I will have to get over the fact that it wont harm me, before I can eat it.

That brings me to a recent find. My brother-in-law told me that he has found the perfect snack for me.. even buys me a bag from Seattle and brings it over.

It is indeed the perfect snack !!




God does work in mysterious ways. I am allergic to peanuts, but cashews and almonds are okay! This snack is so good that I finished the whole bag in two weeks..

Long live Mrs. Mays !!

In spite of being all those things mentioned in the cover, there was this label in the back which said "processed in a factory which also processes peanuts"!!

The only thing better than even this product, is one that actually has

" NO TRACE OF PEANUTS " for the label.

I will patiently wait for that day!!

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:26 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Cashews and Almonds are Cashews and Almonds. Peanuts, well, they are peanuts !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

This product is available in Costco in the bay area (in bigger bags). Check it out.
anon

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

My brother is allergic to all nuts, not just peanuts and I know first-hand the amount of diligence necessary with such a serious allergy. I know that in Canada, they have introduced Quaker Chewy granola bars with no nuts and not processed in a facility with nuts (my brother's most hated phrase!). I have no idea if they are planning to release this in the states, but my brother has his fingers crossed that this snack makes it across the border :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:34 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

aww so sweet of junior ;)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:10 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

kavi, that was a good one..

anon, thanks. will go this weekend and stock up.

anon2, Love quaker chewy.. esply the choc. chip..

visithra, she watches over me as much as mommy does.. she is watching and learning..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:50 AM, Blogger PG wrote...

Does one need a better proof of how your daughter loves you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home