Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Understanding your little girl

As a father of two little girls, I always find myself at a disadvantage. I try my best to recollect how my sister was when we were growing up and somehow I draw a blank. Somehow, she was very quiet and used to mind her business.

Of course, I do remember performing surgery on her various dolls with dad's shaving razor with my brother being the assisting surgeon. The end result was always the same. The doll would usually end up with an amputation or be declared dead after the surgery. Lets just say that the only thing me or my brother cut these days, is objects to the Microsoft clipboard. You should be happy that we didnt enter any profession which involves razors or scissors.

Now, today's little girl is somehow very different. Jr. called at least 10 of her friends to her upcoming birthday (which is at least a few months away). She spent more than 10 minutes a person, personally telling each and every friend the same thing over and over again. The whole thing would bother me a lot less were it not for the fact that she was talking on her toy phone!! I wanted to video blog the converstaion, but a 30 second clip wouldnt do justice to the monstrosity of that call !!

This is not the only thing that amazes me. Everytime we go anywhere, be it to the local grocery store or the local park, Jr. picks up a cell phone, her plastic sunglasses and her handbag ! The handbag looks deceptively small. I saw her arrange all the stuff inside that bag and boy, I didnt know so much could be fit into such a small handbag. But the little thing is so sincere and serious when she goes out like this and that really breaks my heart.


Two different photos taken on two different days!


Well, it is getting interesting each day. But if this is any consolation to those newbie daddys out there, you can only love them more when you see them do these silly things, and enjoy the days when the phone is fake and it doesnt cost you anything !! I can see myself shopping for a 10000 minute phone plan a few years from now...

5 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:45 AM, Blogger Swatantra wrote...

Good one!! I am sure you are enjoying the life with the girls of new generation...

I strongly believe the daughters are more close to the father but in your case it seems that the father is more close to the daughters...

Enjoy the days!! Ladkiyaan bahut jaldi badi ho jati hain....

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:03 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

I am glad you are getting prepared for the 10 K phone bill!! My friends tell me that these things come sooner than you can imagine !!

And yes, kids these days pack a punch. With the amount of exposure and the changes in expectations, things are so very different now !

That apart, there has to be someone who has to pay back to Sundar, what little Sundar did to his sister !!

Enjoy the time sir !!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

You had me rolling on the floor with this one!! :D :D!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:16 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

ah shes playing dress up - all gals do it - next mummys saree n high heels will be victims

u never saw ur sis with a mobile coz it was never there so she never saw ppl doing it

its basically imitating the adult way

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:40 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

swatantra, true.. I can forget the world when I come home to my angels.

Nakkal Mannan Kavi, thank you. I have already received enough payback.

anon, glad you had a good laugh.

visithra, sure there were no cell phones in those days. But imitating the adult way ? none of the adults in our house talk for hours.. we dont have that kind of time !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home