Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence day !

This is the first time I celebrate Independence day as an American Citizen. (felt the same as last years though !!). The family spent the weekend in Seattle and Portland with my brother in law, and we all had a great time.

Thanks to the Softee (Microsoftee uncle) and his ever increasing baby sitting skills we had a great time. Went parasailing in Seattle taking turns watching the kids. It was pricey but worth it. You get to be all alone by yourself above the Seattle skyline and get to ponder about the insignificance of your being !! It is in a way like meditation, at 5$ a minute !!!

I wasnt planning on going first, but mommy and grandma had such a great time that they insisted I go. The boat had already returned, but they were nice enough to take the boat out one last time, just for me !!



Managed to take these two pictures with one hand, while clinging on for dear life with the other !





Then we went on to Mother's Bistro (that is another post!) and the Portland Zoo and topped it all off with a whole day of Whale watching in San Juan Islands off the US Canadian Border.. More to come.. stay tuned..

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:59 AM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

oh parasailing - hummmm been wanting to try that

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:47 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

I could see the feet tighten as you went up! Eppa..scary..I doubt if I can do that.

Don't tell me your MIL and your wife did it. If they did...semma dhil dhaan.!!!

The photos look awesome. One of these days.!! I plan to visit Seattle lets..see.!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

visithra, you should try it.. it was expensive but worth it.

:)

narayanan sir, yes, the first one to go up and come down was the MIL.. then the orange shirt is the wife.. then finally me..(i strapped the camera to my hand because there was no one else in the boat to take my video !!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home