Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Masala hoarder

San to me : Can you please clean up the bottom draw in the kitchen where you store Maggi. It is getting ridiculous!

Me to San : Not really. Let me check..

Well, what do you know. Over the years the girls have started liking my "Sambar podi" flavored Maggi noddles over Nestle's patented concoction which is a "crowd favorite", to say the least..and that means the packets of Maggi "Masala Taste maker" gets tossed at the bottom.





We have now over a few hundred of these packets!

Me to San : Don't want to throw them away. In case there is a ban on Maggi imports into the USA someday, we can still use those packets with Ramen noodles and get the Maggi flavor!

San gave me her trademark look that usually suggests "How can a guy be smart and stupid at the same time?!"

It is true that Indian rice imports got restricted to the US and two or three years ago rice went from $7.99 for a 20 lb bag to $ 31.99 !! Who knows, the US foreign policy is as fickle today as it was three years ago if not worse.

Still one will always have the Sambar podi to make noodles right? Wrong.

Here is a small table that explains why :

Noodles Tastemaker Taste
=====================================
Maggi Sundar's mix Yummmmmmy
Maggi Maggi masala Yummmmy
Ramen Maggi masala Yumy
Ramen Raman mix Yucky
Ramen Sundar's mix Yuckkkkky

So it might not be a bad idea to hold on to the tastemaker packets after all!!!

For now, I get to store them in the garage...


.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:34 PM, Blogger dipali wrote...

I wonder how the ageing will affect the tast!!!! Check before you hoard:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

as long as your warehouse is better than deep's ;-)

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

dipali,

hmm.. did not think about that.. squished the packet.. the powder is still in powder form inside the packet. so far so good..

s.b., yeah. heard about deeps rat infested warehouse. we buy two things in the house that are deep brand.. samosas and one type of paratha.

have discontinued both just to be safe..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:36 PM, Anonymous BongMom wrote...

It is best to throw them out. they have MSG I assume. I always make Maggi with only a teeny fraction of the masala and rest own concoction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home