Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Transitions

The MIL has been in India as of the last week. Time moves so fast. It has been a full week since we saw her off at the airport.

This time the kids were all grown up about saying their goodbyes and promised to behave in her absence. They are holding at around 75% of the promise and going down rapidly!

The adults have transitioned as well to the new routines. I have been left without a Yoga partner and have missed the MIL giving me the usual sermon about either not waking up early enough or pushing myself too hard in the room. The new Yoga studio is motivation in itself and have been going regularly just to keep up my promise to the MIL!

San is back in the kitchen working hard to impress the kids the last few days..

On Monday she made Okra curry with Okra that was not ripe enough. Not her fault because that was all the Indian store had, but the little one was brutal.

She could become a judge on the Iron chef program or "Chopped" where she gets to deliver the bad news. The comments and critique were even too hard for me to handle! San put on a brave face and came up with a Tindora Curry the next evening.

The little one said "Before you put it on my plate, I want a taste. I cannot trust your cooking!"

This is what happens when we have grandma letting her sit on the kitchen counter top, encouraging her to taste things as they are being made. On the bright side she did have a taste and say "It is delicious!" and that made San's day! Seriously, with critics like this at home, things are getting a little out of hand.

Today, I made sweet Pongal to celebrate Pongal. She did not have a problem with the taste of the pongal but with the smell of my hand as I took it to her mouth. "I don't like that strong temple like smell in the Pongal!". She was right!

Actually the smell was from the "pachai kalpooram" (edible camphor) that was crushed with my fingers to season the Pongal. The smell was in my hand not the Pongal. We should use the little one at airports instead of sniffing dogs and we will probably make a fortune if we got a cut on what we find!

We are now down to a new but interesting routine.




Wishing each and everyone of you a happy Pongal!!!

.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hi Sundar,

Happy Pongal... Nice picture. San and kids are looking lovely..

Sujatha

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

happy pongal :)

I envy you for ur daughters
-ash

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

S, thanks.

ash, you get to see only the bright side.. you wont envy if you see their dark side..

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I been avid reader of your blog for a long time.Just to be curious wanna know your beautiful daughters name.:)
-Manju

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:04 PM, Anonymous prabukarthik wrote...

I was searching for the 'Like' button on seeing this kudumba photo
:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Sundar,

Now that you've lost weight, you resemble Allen from 2 1/2 men! ;-)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

dark or bright I still envy you I have a daughter too 5 yrs old .Her name is Bella .
Seeing your girls I long that one I too will have smart conversations the way you have with them in Tamil ,whether they are grammatically correct or not .Intelligence shines thru'
All credit goes to you & your wife MIL for raising such a beautiful family :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:46 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

Belated Pongal greetings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home