Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, November 10, 2011

You must be bionic or something..

Or so said the Nurse last night at the Kaiser emergency room..

In a surprising turn of events, the surgical scar in the right hand had a small rip and pus started coming out.

Worried that the right hand was rotting on the inside, a trip to the hospital regular care ended up being redirected to ER.

Two hours later the doctor looked it up under a lens and lights and said

"your body is not degrading the bio-degradable sutures. instead it is attacking the small pieces left with white blood cells"

Apparently not uncommon!

They pulled out a small suture piece and cleaned it up and sent me home with antibiotics..

Interesting, to say the least!


.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:51 AM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu wrote...

Wow..amazing human body.

No matter what we discover, no matter the advances in medical science, the wonderful human body..does what it's supposed to do...! isn't it amazing!

God..I wonder what would happen to those STENTS that are being used in several countries..that are biodegradable !!!! Scary thought.

Take care Sundar !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kavitha wrote...

so hospitals vazha vakkireenga!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:00 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

Interesting! I'd had a similar experience with a suture some years ago- needed four hefty doses of antibiotics to clear up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home