Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, September 24, 2011

When in Texas..

Was on my way back from Austin when the kids called and said "get us something.. something you can get only in Austin but not here"...

This after I was already enroute to the airport. So while waiting at the airport went into the shop and asked the lady "is there something here that I can get a 5 and 8 year old that is specific to texas?"

she started with stuffed moose and armadillo dolls which were 19.99 a pop and I passed on those... then she slowly showed me other stuff (guess she realized I was not planning on spending more than 5 bucks an item) and finally I saw the candy and edibles section..

Immediately the Cowboy crackers and the "Texas rattlesnake eggs" caught my attention. So got the kids the "rattlesnake eggs" and sure enough they were impressed!




Then the kids looked at the label and goes "If this is Texas rattlesnake eggs, then why does it not say made in Texas?"




Was really stumped by this question. Took a closer look at the box and figured out that they are indeed Florida rattlesnake eggs.. The word TEXAS is in a black sticker that has been stuck on the box.

Daddy had been duped by the airport store lady! In any case, the kids let me off the hook as the gum met their quality standard.

If your kids only criteria is that the stuff be made in Texas, make sure it is not made in Florida! This brought back memories from my first trip back to India in 1995 when most of the stuff I took back from Sam's club were made in China. My older relatives remarked "I thought you were in the USA. Why are you getting us stuff from China".. Little did they know at the time that pretty much everything in the future would be made in China!

Looks like I did not learn from that experience...


.

.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hmm I don't think that the airport lady duped you. Surely you cannot expect an employee to know where each item was made. They sell them in Florida because Florida has lot of swamps which have rattlesnakes. Since that is true of Texas too, they sell them in Texas. IMO, you would have been better off with the armadillo stuffed toys since that represents Texas.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:16 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

These things happen once you have a literate child!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home