Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Comparisions

Was eating Arisi Pori (Rice crispies) last night. Bought a big bag at my favorite Kabali Pori Kadalai just before leaving India. Finished off that bag last night.. and feel so sad.

The Pori we get in the Indian stores here tastes really stale and is not crispy and the ones that are crispy taste too salty.

The little one came to me and said "give me the last few pori"

She ate it and went "This is like the Popcorn of India, Appa!"

Was in two minds to start a debate on "NO. Popcorn is the Pori of USA!" and decided against it.

Popcorn isn't bad either. It is "ezhaikku etha Pori urundai"!

(Non Tamil speakers, sorry, the last part loses a lot in translation)

Why can't we get good quality Pori (puffed rice) in the USA? Why? Why?

.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:47 PM, Anonymous yaadayaada wrote...

I microwave the pori to make it fresh and crisp.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:54 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

tired that.. became slightly soggy!

fried it with little bit of oil and some manjal podi, karuveppilai, cashews, few piece green chilies (my friend Ushas MIL's recipe) and that is how we make it palatable..

still salty.

will try the microwave trick again..

by spreading it a little bit more on a flat plate and see how it works.

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:51 AM, Anonymous yaadayaada wrote...

Yup, spreading on flat plate helps. Or use the conventional oven. but watch them very closely, they burn very quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home