Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Beach fun...

We did go visit the beach once during this trip and managed to spend a little under two hours. The added bonus was the presence of the cousins.

Previous beach post from same beach here and another beach here..


This trip in pictures and video..









It was a good place to practice panning shots of the kids on the "raatnams"!



What is a beach post without a video?



We had good fun the first few days in Chennai and this beach trip was a big part of it. We were also strongly discouraged by family from going to the Marina beach. Apparently it is in bad shape compared to our last trip in 2008. We will check it out on our next trip..

Talking of trips, my MIL told the girls

"daddy is thinking of selling everything here and going to Chennai. I am going to go live in Seattle.. You girls can come visit me for summer vacation here"

Jr. : So where will we be when daddy goes to Chennai?

MIL : he will take you all with him. he is not planning to go alone

Jr. : No way! I am not going..

LO : Jumps up and runs to me and says "I WILL GO!".. then gives me a hug and says "I will go with you but first you should make sure you kill all the mosquitoes in Madras and then I will come!"

All of us laughed out loud. So my going and living in Chennai is in the hands of the Madras Corporation who are incharge of eradicating mosquitoes and the rest of Chennaivasis who have to get rid of stagnant water!

Who knows? Maybe someone will invent an eradicator and I get to convince the little one?

Top ten items that are needed to convince <10 year old girls to relocate :

1- dry bathroom floors
2- western toilets
3- toilet paper
4- central air conditioning
5- inverters that keep fan running during powercuts
6- AC cars
7- no insects (ants, flies, mosquitoes, roaches etc.)
8- clean public restrooms
9- no stench (from roadside dumps, garbage trucks stuck in traffic etc.)
10-no street dogs

There are more items on the list but this is their priority list..

Easy, no?

.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:59 PM, Anonymous utbtkids wrote...

Sundar, we are dealing with the list.

1,2,3 seems impossible when you are visiting your parents house. But in when you have a palace of your own, very much doable.

4, 6 as per need. 6 esp is very easy.

5 - the apartment complex takes care of that.

7,9,10 - got to live with that.

8 - very many newly built places, very much to my surprise, available!

Just 3/10 needs to be worked on. Good no?!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:27 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

yes.. except no insects is now the #1 criteria.

she shows her hand to paati and says

"paati, look at my hand. here is some leftover kosu kadi"

what she meant was the bites that are still not healed after coming back here.. paati did not understand why kosu kadi's are now on same range as leftover food..

:)

guess 18 days are not enough to get used to bites..a longer trip should take care of that.

well, we will see how you do with the girls and learn from that ?!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:48 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

Aha !!

Interesting list. Most of it is doable. Except perhaps the public utilities.

But then, you see, the charm of visiting is to see a place for the love it holds ! The girls will sure understand this as time flows by... !

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home