Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Genetics

Me to Little one : did you comb your hair?

Little One: YES !!

Me : Then why is your hair standing out like a porcupine or hedgehog?

LO : Grandma combed it and it is still like this

Me to Jr. : Did grandma really comb it?

Jr. : Yes daddy.

LO : I am your daughter. My hair looks like yours. What can I do?!

The way she shrugged her shoulders and explained how all her defects can be traced to one source.... "me" was priceless!

If she does something good or has a physical trait that is good, she will claim credit for it and if she doesn't mom and grandma will quickly fill in. If she does anything wrong or has rat ears, porcupine hair, wrinkly skin after she gets out of the swimming pool, etc. etc.

well, it is genetic inheritance from daddy!

Gave her a big hug and kiss for saying "I am your daughter" with that mischief in her eye.

What else is one to do with a witty five year old?



.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:43 PM, Blogger Priya Venkat Designs wrote...

Porcupine hair...I've heard. Elephant ears....I've heard. But rat ears.....this is a first.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 12:03 AM, Blogger Swatantra wrote...

glad you are enjoying the childhood to the full!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:50 AM, Blogger dipali wrote...

I also absolutely insisted on being my Dad's daughter, for good, bad or indifferent things.Went through my childhood being his tail whenever possible:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home