Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa chronicles

Last year the little one had found out that Santa is not real. Somehow she has forgotten that realization this year.

Today she came to me and said "Daddy, I know Santa puts our gifts under periamma's tree but will he still come into our house through the chimney and check our Christmas lights? What if he comes and is not happy because we don't put milk and cookies for him?"

Me : !!! I don't know. Maybe he will come to our house

LO : He comes to every house anyways right? even if we are good or bad girls?

Me : go to sleep. Santa will bring you gifts. Just don't worry about it.


On the other hand, Jr. is growing up a little too soon, and when this is happening with her mom as a role model.. that means trouble for Daddy.

Jr.: Daddy can you do this for me?

Me : Iru, idho varen (wait, I will come now)

Jr.: I know what that means. You will take an H O U R to come. I am going to go ask Amma!

Me : NO that is not true. I am almost done here. Just give me a minute.

Jr.: You are on your laptop! Every time you are on your laptop and say "a minute" it means a hundred minutes. You won't come. I know you..

LO : Yeah Appa. you take a hundred million thousand minutes!

Me : (shut down laptop) Okay, tell me what you want?

Jr.: See, you did that just to prove me wrong. If I didn't say what I did, you would have kept working.

Me : Ennadi aniyaayam (this is not fair). I don't come to help, it is a problem. If I come to help, I am doing it to prove a point?

Have a lot of work ahead to change the little girls perception!


.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:21 PM, Blogger Violet wrote...

LOL! Your little ladies are just awesome.. and women, whatever age are always clever and accurate in their observations:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Revathi wrote...

Well you live with WOMEN in a "WOMENS HOSTEL" what else do u expect. Hope you saw the video on Utube about what women mean when they say certain things. Looks like the girls are growing up fast.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

"I am going to go ask Amma!"

sundar, believe me, that is a valid threat the world over!

- s.b.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:49 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

glad to see everyone has a good laugh over this.

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:27 AM, Blogger Priya Venkat Designs wrote...

Damned if you do and damned if you dont!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:37 PM, Blogger dipali wrote...

You have my sympathies!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home