Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Photos on display

We have a photo of my dad's mom on the shelf with the gods. For some reason, it has been a custom on my fathers side of the family to include grandma's photo with the gods. There are a lot of older dead relatives who are not given the same treatment.

So, it was suggested by the kids that my recently departed Grandpa's (mom's dad) photo be added to the Ummachi shelf (prayer shelf).

Seemed like a good idea and the small 4x6 was placed in one corner.

A conversation with the kids

Little One: Can we put GNB's (Carnatic singer G. N. Balasubramaniam who died in 1965!) photo there on the shelf too? He is also dead and we love him, right?

Me : Hmm.. We do have a photo of his. We can put it on the shelf if you want. But he is not family!

LO : thinks for a minute and goes "can we put Michael Jackson's photo there too?"

Me : !!!!!

Jr.: yes appa. he is dead also and has wings right?

Me : yes. MJ definitely has wings just like grandpa. But we can put his poster on the wall.

LO: Why don't you put it on the Ummachi shelf?

Me : It is complicated. When Michael Jackson was alive, I thought he was god. Somehow, now that he is dead, I have a problem praying to him along with the rest of the gods.. Your daddy is not smart enough to explain what he feels.


Now we are just going to take Thatha's photo and put it on the wall. Then take MJ's poster and put it on a wall as well to make all parties happy.



.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 1:20 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

LOL !

she has a point ! A huge one at that. White gloves and moon walk and all that !

:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:28 AM, Blogger Violet wrote...

Awesome kids!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:52 AM, Blogger Doli wrote...

cute! your kids have an inane sense of humor

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:10 AM, Anonymous WA wrote...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah they are wonderful

Hope your grandmum and parents are doing ok

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

How could you. I am still waiting for a Thriller from MJ. He will raise with a dance.

Ha ha ha I am waiting for them to bug you more.

V

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 7:45 PM, Blogger Sivajini S wrote...

Awwww... you girls are awesome! I love that you keep your dad on his toes :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:17 PM, Blogger Sanand wrote...

LOL! The questions that kids ask make us question so many of our own choices. There is so much logic in their questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home