Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, February 03, 2008

A view of the future

If trying on grown up undergarments is bad, it gets worse...

(the secret video.. shows a door for almost a minute, but that is what secret video's are all about. Listen to the soundtrack for hilarious dialogues)



All this reference to babies has to do with peer pressure. Let me explain. Everytime, one of her classmates announces a baby brother or sister, or we go to see newborn babies of office colleagues, there is peer pressure on the real mommy in the house!

Typical conversation in the last few weeks:

Jr. : Mommy, can I have a baby?
Mom : No. when you grow up and become a big girl, maybe.
Jr. : When I am 10 years old?
Mom : aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhh!


Jr. : Mommy, when is your tummy going to get big?
Mom : Not unless I eat a lot and put on weight..
Jr. : When will there be a baby in the tummy?
Mom : !! What part of No don't you understand?
Jr. : But, Mrs. xyz (a teacher in her school) is having a baby! and she already has kids..
Mom : Enakku maamiyaare vendam di, nee podum!(I dont need a mother in law here. You are enough to drive me up a wall!)

Add to these, the embrassasment of Jr. asking any women we know "do you have a baby in your tummy?" and they feel like strangling her! I bet this alone keeps the women who have recently put on some weight from visiting hour house!

In a fit of what can only be called 50% rage and 50% exasperation, mommy was heard cursing the little one yesterday.

Here is as close a literal translation as possible:

"I am cursing from the bottom of my heart, that you also have kids, who are exactly like you, and they trouble you, just like you trouble me! Only then you will know what I am going through now!"

On further investigation, found out that this curse runs in San's family and generation after generation, the moms curse their girls along these lines and the grandmoms smile, knowing that their curse came true!

Who knew?!

In any event, it is too late now. The curse has been passed on to one more generation.




ps. The MIL driving one up the wall reference, is more of a cultural thing. San gets along real swell with my mum.


.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:39 PM, Blogger Visithra wrote...

u could tell san to explain to jr how painful a baby is - what is jrs biggest fear of getting sick - tell her its 1000 times that n does she want mommy to be in pain ;p

it might work ;p

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 6:54 PM, Blogger Terri the terrific wrote...

Oh, don't stop her; she looks so cute! Little girls want to grow up real soon, I suppose.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 8:17 PM, Blogger dipali wrote...

Your kids are adorable.
And of course Junior will die of embarrassment when she grows up and sees this post:)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:19 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

So they want to try your clothes !! Thats great...!

Indeed interesting !

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:21 AM, Blogger Kavi wrote...

The Post Scipt is a necessity i guess. Thats understandable !!

If the young ones are giving you options, i think you should excercise it..get them a baby !!!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Lol...

I guess it wont be long till junior gets tangled in one of your wife's sarees.

I think I first tried that when I was about 6 or 7. Good luck..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:20 PM, Blogger Unknown wrote...

visithra, I am going to do what Terri suggests.. just let it go.. it is too cute.. scary for me.. but cute..

dipali, I do not know... all I have is two photographs of me in my first 2 years of existence. and possibly 10 total photos till I was five! maybe maybe Jr. will thank me for all this...

Kavi, we used similar logic when we had the little one...we know that doesnt work!

sivajini, thanks.. it is already happening..

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

In their mom's actual Sares?
Cuz those things are long and it is easy to get trapped.

Or do you mean the mini sarees the kids these days have?
Cuz the original version is so much more fun- there was a time where I'd wait for my mom to come from a wedding or puberty ceremony so I can try it... Now she tries to convince me wear a saree and I have no interest. Lol.

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:29 PM, Blogger Balaji S Rajan wrote...

Your daughters secret clips were enjoyed by my family this morning. Kids are just typical! My daughter was laughing and thought there is one more girl like her. LOL!

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Ok, I am rolling o the floor laughing.

Also gives me a good idea of what is in store for me in the next 2-3 years!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home