Disclaimer : My thoughts on this site are not intended to cause physical emotional or financial harm to any person or thing mentioned in this site or to the reader and I take no responsibiilty for the same.. So read at your own risk!! I also hope this font is large enough to be considered legal and small enough not to make my blog ugly !

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Jose.. Jose.. Jose..

Talk about beating Jose to death, literally!

No, there is no physical person being abused here, just that, Jose's name is being over used in our house.

Two weeks ago, Jr. learnt the phrase "No way, Jose!" to emphasize "No way!". I would like to find out who taught her this at school and do . . . .but that is another post altogether.

Jr. tells the little one "No way, Jose!", everytime her sister tries to do anything in the realm of playing.

The little one, a very smart and fast learner I might add, figures out that invoking this Jose command has a lot more power than just simple screaming or wailing and now ends every sentence with Jose! She just turned two and is talking only in full sentences (consciously makes an attempt) and they all end in Jose!

Earlier this evening, Daddy was assembling some recently acquired furniture from IKEA while the little one was running away with some parts and setting up her own assemly plant in another corner of the room.

Me : Bring those back. I need them to finish the shelf!
LO : Don't disturb me Jose!
Me : (getting upset and smiling at the same time) What?!!!
(Jr. started laughing, when she saw the way the little one said that with mischief in her eyes).
LO : I am working, Jose.
Me : I am getting very upset. You know I am going to come there and give you an adi (spank)!
LO : smiles and says "I know, Jose!"

While this cracks me up (and Jr. was laughing hysterically at the whole thing), we need to have a proper plan to wean her off of Jose.

Painful as it may be for me, it is definitely amusing. Will try to secret video this and post it. In the meantime, if any of you have seen your kids experience Joseitis, and know the cure, please feel free to let me know.

.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

your kids are funny :)

I don't have kids but my developmental psych courses would tell me to
sit her down tell her not to use it
a)not give her attention while she says it
b) reward her behaviour when she does not say it

smart little kid she is she'll figure out this isn't really working out for her.

I hope, Good luck :)

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

hi Sundar
landed on your blog some time ago !!( now dont remember from which blog)

dont know the cures, but guess the "Jose" came from a Mexican teacher. My daughter (now 3) used to finish every sentence with "momma" couple of months back. It took me some time to figure out that she got it from her Mexican teacher. She stopped it on her own after a while.

so may be "Jose" will fade out soon.
-Chozhan

 
I am not responsible for comments posted by others... At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

That is so cute - both Jr and the LO using Jose. Why do you want to wean her off it? Pretty soon they are going to forget it and you will miss it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home